The Board of Managers is a committee appointed by the congregation with
the responsibility of managing the Church's day to day business affairs.
The Minister is an ex-officio member of all committees and regularly attends the monthly Board meetings.
The Board's responsibilities are as follows:
- Meeting on the third Wednesday of each month, the Board prepares the annual budget with the Minister and Treasurer for presentation to the Session and approval of the Congregation.
- We monitor the budget and the financial statements on a monthly basis and, after the consolidated financial statements are audited, we review and recommend them to the Session and the congregation for their approval.
- We are responsible for maintaining the building and grounds with the help of staff and volunteers from the Congregation and various outside contractors.
- We plan and prioritize building repairs and renewals
- We also approve building usage requests from various groups.
Serving on the Board of Managers is an excellent way to share your skills with your congregation, and it affords people a tremendous opportunity to gain insights into how a local congregation runs its operational affairs from year to year. Perhaps this is a way in which you could become more involved in the life and work of your congregation to your mutual benefit.